Thursday, August 22, 2013

Two Month Update


Growth

Baby Alex is growing like a weed! He is already nearly 13 lbs! Every day when we get dressed I find new clothes that don't fit him anymore. I think he'll be in size 2 diapers pretty soon! 

Sleep

He is definitely more consistent than he was last month, but there's always room for improvement ;) At our two month appointment our doctor told us he should be able to sleep 10-12 hours at night now....um, yeah right! We are getting lucky with 4-5 hours stretches. He suggested we give a big bottle when we're putting him down for the night. So the next night we forced him to stay away and take this bottle, we could only get him to take 2 oz and then after waking him up 3000 times he was REALLY awake and wouldn't go back down for a while...Needless to say, we didn't try that again. I know i'm new to this whole baby thing but I think Alex is still pretty young to be expected to sleep through the night..even though it would be really nice. (Also, doctor said to let him cry it out.... let's just say mom is not too impressed with this dude)

Eating

Like a Boss! Clearly, my 13lb baby is a little chunk. He has approximately nine rolls on his legs. He took a bottle of pumped milk (and every now and then formula) at night for a while, but the last two weeks or so he isn't taking the bottle so well. He won't eat that much from it, & usually having to wait a few minutes to get the bottle ready wakes him up so much that it's not worth it. I've been tempted to try co-sleeping to try and get some extra zzz's but it makes me nervous, so for now I will crawl out of bed in zombie mode every few hours to feed my little man. 

Likes

He likes staring at things on the wall. Particularly a shelf in our living room, lighting fixtures, mirrors, etc. Loves his hands more than ever. He finally has some interest in toys- so that's fun. It makes me laugh that we have some elaborate flashy toys but his favorites are the really simple rattles (and hoop connect thingys).  He also likes anything that plays music, & he thinks its funny when I try to sing him little songs. 



Postpartum:

I am feeling about 95% back to normal. My skin is still not the same as it was pre-baby. I've heard that your skin and hair...and hips, are never really the same. I've lost 4 or 5 lbs since my last update, so I have about 10 lbs to go still. I had to go swim suit shopping a few weeks ago, for a boating trip we took with some friends... I wasn't expecting to have to worry about swimsuit season this year! I've never really been self conscious about my body before- it kinda sucked! I found a swim suit that kept my boobs under control so that was nice.. but even though I got lucky with no stretch marks on my tummy, I'm still getting used to having a "mom" tummy- I need to get some good Ab workouts in! I'm not taking as many walks with Alex as I want to, it's been so hot here during the day that it limits the time I can take him. I can't wait for fall! 







No comments:

Post a Comment